“Chakra” is a Sanskrit word for “wheel”; one of the most ancient and powerful symbols of India. Turning of wheel signifies progress.
We, at Chakra 4, strive to unfold the full potential of your organization, through “bespoke” interventions /programs creating “positive” impact, with a “strategic” focus, while emphasizing “sustainable” growth.
The four spokes of Chakra signify the four focus areas of our expertise – Corporate Sustainability, Environmental Management, Occupational Health & Safety Management and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Our future and prosperity depend on how we interact with the Nature. In the present resource constraint World, it is our responsibility to give back to mother Earth as much as we take.
Only a sustainable world can accommodate a sustainable business. In order to achieve this, we need to be vigilant of the factors that can disturb the ecological and social fabric of our society.
At Chakra 4, we carve out bespoke strategies to transform your enterprise to be future-ready, thereby enabling it to successfully negotiate with the uncertainties of the World. We believe that strengthening your enterprise with customized solutions, adopting world class practices/standards in resonance with the local context is the right step towards sustainable growth.
Sunil Kumar C S(Founder and Principal Consultant)
Sunil Kumar, is a sustainability professional, having a strong strategic thought leadership, with key focus on integrating environmental and social aspects into business practices and a keen advocate of Corporate’s role in inclusive growth for the Nation’s Sustainable Development.
He is a graduate in Civil Engineering with post-graduation in Environmental Engineering and Business Administration.
He worked in several reputed companies such as ITC Limited, Lloyd’s Register, Essar Steel and research organization namely National Environmental Engineering Research Institute in various positions over the last 30 years in the following areas;
- Design, Development and implementation of Sustainability policies & strategies and management systems.
- Design, Development and implementation of Environment, Occupational Health & Safety (EHS) management systems in accordance with International Standards.
- Development and delivery of bespoke training programmes in the areas of Sustainability, Environment, Health and Safety and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Development as well as assessment of Ecological footprint (carbon foot print, water footprint) in accordance with International Standards, Guidelines and Protocols
- Qualified verifier/assessor for Environmental Product Declarations, sustainability framework, sustainability reports and business responsibility reports.
- Qualified lead assessor for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001
- Industry sectors – Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Pulp & Paper, Hospitality, Information Technology, Integrated Iron & Steel, Thermal Power, Petrochemicals, Refineries, Chemicals, Cement, Automobiles, Engineering, Electronics, Construction, Mining and Consultancy services.
- Services provided in several countries – U.K., China, Thailand, Indonesia, Mauritius, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh,
Core focus areas – developing sustainability strategies & policies and support for implementing systems & processes to meet the strategies/policies, EHS guidelines in line with international standards/codes and best practices, sustainability performance management system, reporting sustainability performance in accordance with international disclosure frameworks like Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines, Carbon and Water footprint as per ISO 14064 and ISO 14046 standards, disclosures on performance of carbon, water management under CDP protocols, climate change risk mitigation strategies & plans, water security plans in line with water stewardship principles, Ecological footprints such as carbon neutrality/positive, water neutrality/positive and waste recycling footprints, code of conduct for sustainable supply chain, Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs) for improving environmental attributes of products and services, Environmental Product Declaration verifications, management systems for environment, occupational health & safety and social accountability in line with ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and SA 8000 standards and internationally reputed guidelines from World Bank/ADB/IFC.
Networked with international organisations /industry associations/academic institutions such as Global Reporting Initiative, UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), CDP, Confederation of Indian Industry, NITIE Mumbai, IIT Kharagpur, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, XIM, Bhubaneswar, TISS, Mumbai and IIT Dharwad.
Dr. H D KulkarniSenior Specialist – Forestry
Dr. Kulkarni, a doctorate in Botany, has over 40 years of experience in academia, research and corporate….
Syju AliasConsultant – Environment and Sustainability
Syju is a graduate in Production Engineering with a post- graduation in Business Administration….